On Jul 13, Ankur Gupta said:

Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan wrote:

Is there any builtin function in perl to sort the above array based
on uid, username or fulname?

  my @sorted = sort {
  } @employees;

Hey, This will sort only numbers. Will have no effect if the values have
text.

You're right, but I would expect -- after my explanation of how it works, and my pointer to the sort() docs -- that the OP would be able to extrapolate the rest.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan         %  How can we ever be the sold short or
RPI Acacia Brother #734     %  the cheated, we who for every service