On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 19:03 -0700, John W. Krahn wrote:

> You are trying to call the get() method on the $feed object.  Read the
> documentation for the correct syntax for XML::Simple::XMLin().
>
> perldoc XML::Simple
>

> As to the warning message:
>
> perldoc perldiag
> [snip]
>        Odd number of elements in anonymous hash
>            (W misc) You specified an odd number of elements to
>            initialize a hash, which is odd, because hashes come in
>            key/value pairs.
>
> So your $data variable is not being assigned a valid anonymous hash
> probably because you are using XML::Simple::XMLin() incorrectly.

Thanks for the advice.
I'm not sure that that is the issue.

I experimented with 1st downloading the file and using XMLin('foo.xml')
and the behaviour was the same.

The script works fine for a normal pod feed. It only fails when the feed
only has one channel->item.

Is line 65 OK?

"foreach my $item (@{$data->{channel}->{item}}) {"

all I want to do is step through one-by-one each item. Does that code
work properly if there is only one item instead of many?