On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Anish Kumar K wrote:

> I want to retreive from postgres database by removing the dos
> characters and the spaces from a perl file. It is like in the DB side
> there is " " and dos charcters in the table itself. So when I am doing
> a select query as it is checking in the table, the correct match is
> not obtained. I have TRIED after removing in the PERL side with
> substitution and all and confirmed this . Please give me some tips as
> what function I can use in the query to remove the space as well as
> DOS characters

Show us your code.

You have been on this list for quite a while by now.

You should know that the best way to get help is to show what you've
already attempted to do, and explain how it didn't do what you wanted.

Also, please use descriptive subject lines. "Hi" is the same subject
that a good fraction of the spam I get uses, and it does nothing to
clarify what the problem at hand might be.

Make it easy for people to help you, and you just might get the help you
need.

--
Chris Devers