Binish A R wrote:
> Does anyone knows how to compile perl scripts to executables? I'm
> working on RH Linux and would like to know the details. I know that I
> can use perlcc to do that ... but it isn't compiling anything other
> than a simple 'hello world' program :(
>
> Is there any other tools besides perlcc ??
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> /binish/

Wow.

I KNEW something was missing lately on this list: I haven't seen a good
"How do I compile my Perl" thread in quite some time!  I look forward to
all the posts about why and why not to compile your Perl!!  Just be glad
you didn't indicate that you wanted to compile for obfuscation reasons,
that really sets some people off!!

In the meantime, Binish, check out this earlier thread for some links:

http://groups.google.com/group/perl.beginners/browse_frm/thread/c5e3ef71
88def85e

--Errin Larsen