Ryan> I don't think that Randal was arguing that there are more UNIX vs.
Ryan> Windows systems as much as he was stating that given a number of UNIX
Ryan> systems vs. Windows systems, more UNIX systems have Perl
Ryan> implementations.

I *was* saying what I think you said I wasn't saying, so let me say
it again another way:

The number of Unix (or unix-like, like Linux or Mac OSX) systems that
have Perl installed is (far?) greater than the number of Windows (like? :)
system that have Perl installed.

I believe that to be true, in fact probably by at least a factor of
five or ten to one.  Perl is still most at home in the Unix world.

Consider that OSX plus nearly every flavor of Linux and *BSD come
with Perl installed, but every installation of Windows is Perl-free
until someone heads off on their own to activestate.com.