On Monday 29 August 2005 19:20, Blake Girardot wrote:
> I have a perl cgi application, not mod_perl, but an actual .cgi application
> running under apache on OS X.
>
> As many web apps, it makes use of some long get requests with variable
> labels and values. For example:
>
> http://server.com/cgi-bin/app.cgi?t=new.htm&c=jlpnew.html
>
> I wrote a working url mod_rewrite rule for apache, but instead of the .cgi
> executing, it just returns the source code of the cgi.

[..]

> Any idea what I am doing wrong, why it just returns the cgi source text? It
> works fine with the actual urls, so I know everything is working normally,
> just not with the rewrite rule.

Hi Blake,

I'm not sure, but I think it might have to do with the order in which you're
tried to combine RewriteRules and mod_jk (which connects Apache with the
Tomcat servlet container) on Apache 1.x.

IIRC, all I had to do was to switch the order of the LoadModule lines, e.g.
something like this (OTTOMH):

  LoadModule modules/mod_rewrite.so
  LoadModule modules/mod_jk.so

HTH,