On 9/2/05, John W. Krahn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jason Ross wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying it on a second drive however, and am getting results that
> > don't look right ...

<snip>

> The problem is that you are including the data from partition 2. If you
> exclude it then you will get the correct result.

Ah, you are correct. I've altered the code a bit to ignore the second
partition and all seems to be working correctly now. Thanks very much
for your time on this.

---

For the sake of reference, Randy's suggestion on using Set::IntSpan
looks to be an interesting way to accomplish this,  and is something
I'll likely play with on my own. However, in the particular case of
the script I'm working on, because it will be installed into a variety
of operating environments I'm trying very hard to avoid module calls
if at all possible ( as I can't be sure that a particular module would
be available... )

For example, the Set::IntSpan one does not appear to be available in
the default installation of Solaris 9, at least, not as it's
configured on my test environment, and I simply don't feel much like
adding the complexity of bundling a module along with the script to my
list of "stuff to do"

Thanks for the help.

-jason