No the following error comes............
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//)

Actually the problem is like this @lookup_datatype = qw ( string(30)
string (40) string(10)  Real string(10) Integer string(34) );

when my loop encounters  this real or Integer or any other element in the
array it gives a error problem I want to skip through that one but side by
side
I need string(10) to be at 4th location (if u count from 0) or at 5th
location (if u count from 1) when I store the result via push command in
some array.

Mayank Ahuja
Assistant System Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Ph:- 044-55555816
Cell:- 9283199460
Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
09/03/2005 12:31 AM

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc
beginners@perl.org
Subject
Re: syntax Error ..........

On Sep 3, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> foreach my $i (0 ..$#lookup_datatype){
> my $plus;
> ($plus) = /([0-9]+)/ , $lookup_datatype[$i];

I think you want

   ($plus) = $lookup_datatype[$i] =~ /([0-9]+)/;

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan         %  How can we ever be the sold short or
RPI Acacia Brother #734     %  the cheated, we who for every service

ForwardSourceID:NT00006C02

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to
it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the
intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or
copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments
to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and
permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you