'---'~^  '123P8888S01D'~^

here delimiter is ~^

'---'~^'123P9999S01D'~^

Do u see the difference in the two lines
In the first one there is space is present i want to remove that one
The second is ok..........
I think it will clear u in the better way.................

with regards

Mayank Ahuja
Assistant System Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Ph:- 044-55555816
Cell:- 9283199460
Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website: http://www.tcs.com
----- Forwarded by Mayank Ahuja/CHN/TCS on 09/02/2005 09:16 PM -----

Chris Devers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
09/02/2005 09:03 PM
Please respond to
Perl Beginners List <beginners@perl.org>

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc
Perl Beginners List <beginners@perl.org>
Subject
Re: Could [you] [please] tell me how to remove white spacees
presentbetween  delimiter[s]

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have a file like this in which data is
> abc,def,xyz,mno,
>
> means the delimter is comma here
>
> but in the string if it comes abc, def,  xyz, mno
>
> then [please] tell me how to remove this white space.

The popular way to do this around here is with a Perl program.

Can you show the list the Perl program you've tried so far?

If you can, we can try to give you feedback.

Good luck!

--
Chris Devers

ForwardSourceID:NT00006BA2

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to
it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the
intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or
copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments
to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and
permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you