Adriano Ferreira wrote:
> I am on the verge of trying to deploy a small web application for
> small business. I would like to see it working  preferably under
> mod_perl. Does anyone has suggestions about possible providers with a
> good compromise between service quality and cost? As it is directed to
> small business, it won't be very demanding on bandwidth or storage and
> cannot be expensive.
>
> Regards,
> Adriano.

I have come to prefer ISPs that provide VPS (Virtual Private Servers)
accounts. This gives you far greater control over the whole
installation, essentially giving you root access. In most cases you can
install your own software and have complete control over the Apache
config.  Right now I use Westhost (http://www.westhost.net) (I am not an
employee, rep, etc. but WH is the first low cost ISP I have actually
been happy with), but there are more and more springing up. There is
also an open source VPS that some use, Westhost does not, so I might
look at one of them soon.

Good luck,

http://danconia.org