I can't seem to get any results back from compiling a perl progam from another perl program via the backtick method. My understanding that the output of the backtick command returns the results of the command executed into an array. And in the past I've used the backtick method successfully for getting output of the ls command.

Following is an extract from my program =======================================================
     my($filename) = "/home/blahblah/cgi-bin/ifgen/ifgen.cgi
     my($command) = "/usr/bin/perl -c $filename";
     print "command[$command]<br>";
     my(@results) = `$command`;
     my $len = @results;
     print "len[$len]<br>";
     print "results of compile: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<br>";

And this is the output I get ...
command[/usr/bin/perl -c /home/blahblah/cgi-bin/ifgen/ifgen.cgi]
len[0]
results of compileresults[]