ZHAO, BING <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked:
>              How do you INPUT the output( of a file) to the
> designated file? To be specific, if the file being output
> generates a score/number which needs to be subsequently input
> into another file, how to you set up the output and input?
>              Thannks a lot.

I'm not entirely sure I understood your question, but most
likely you're looking for a "pipe open", i.e.

        if( open( OUT, '|/some/command' ) ){
        print OUT "text is send to command";
        } else {
          die "open failed: $!"
        }

This is a complicated subject that is best explained by the
perlipc and perlopen manual pages.

HTH,
Thomas