Jay Savage wrote:
> On 8/27/05, Gomez, Juan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all
>>

>> I have a problem need to work with date
>>
>> I have a input like these :   20050829 and I need to change it to
>> something like this : Aug 29 2005
>>
>> but it still eludes me how to do that
>>
>> can anyone help me please?
>>

>> thanks
>>

>> Armando
>>

> Take a look at the Date::Manip module:
        Understood, but quite a bit of routine for getting the date out in the
format that Armando wants.  If he had alot of date manipultion, okay, but this
the unapck and a simple array of month names would be much easy and alot less
overhead.

Wags ;)

>     #!/usr/bin/perl
>
>     use warnings;
>     use strict;
>     use Date::Manip;
>
>     my $date = UnixDate(ParseDate("20050829"), "%b %e %Y");
>     print "$date\n";
>
> See perldoc Date::Manip for the details. Roll you own solutions are
> faster for specific conversions, but if you're oging to be doing a lot
> of date conversions, Date::Manip is your friend.
>
> HTH,
>
> -- jay
> This email and attachment(s): [  ] blogable; [ x ] ask first; [  ]
> private and confidential
>
> daggerquill [at] gmail [dot] com
> http://www.tuaw.com  http://www.dpguru.com  http://www.engatiki.org
>
> values of ? will give rise to dom!

This message contains information that is confidential
and proprietary to FedEx Freight or its affiliates.
It is intended only for the recipient named and for
the express purpose(s) described therein.
Any other use is prohibited.