This isn't a test message sent to the list, that would be lame. ;)

However it's all about Testing and how to do it the right way.

I've been trying to use Test::More as the cornerstone of my testing.
This kind of falls into a pseudo-philosophical discussion of how to code but I'll try really hard to keep it focused.

I can generate tests well enough for Modules and Object packages but it's evaluating the answer or Mocking that I'm uncertain.

It seems that there really isn't any clear way to test a subroutine within a script and not a module. Besides loading it into a module and running everything from there -- any suggestions? I don't see it practical putting a function into a module when the function will only ever be used in that one script.

It is my "pseudo-philisophical" approach to programming that if I use a block of code more than one/two times in a script I make it a function. If I use a function in more than one (or two) scripts I make it a module. Thats the extent of my philosphical discussion of how to program.

Unfortunately not all of this fits well with Test::More.

As for MOCK:  How would I Mock IMAP server connections?
A starting point... ?