On Oct 14, K.Moeng said:

$dsn= "dbi:mysql:db_doom:localhost";

So it's a mysql table, not an Msql table.

$statement = "select msg from t_main where votes = (this is where Iam stuck)
"greater than others"

This is an SQL question rather than a Perl question, but I will answer it for you. In the future, please determine the appropriate list for your questions.

  $statement = q{
    SELECT *
    FROM some_table
    ORDER BY votes DESC
    LIMIT 1
  };

That will get you one row back, the row with the highest votes.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan        %  How can we ever be the sold short or
RPI Acacia Brother #734    %  the cheated, we who for every service