Hello list.

After I converted some parts of my program to use Math::Currency I faced
the inconvenience of my XML generators not working anymore. 20 minutes
of jumping up and down with the debugger yielded that the following
dumbed down example:

use Math::Currency;
use XML::Simple;
my $number = Math::Currency->new ('1');
my $string = XMLout ( { number => $number } );

dies with this:

Can't call method "as_number" on unblessed reference at
/usr/share/perl/5.8/Math/BigFloat.pm line 129.

If I change Math::Currency to Math::BigInt - the result is slightly
different but the thing still dies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Peter