Hi,
To ignore the white space in between ROAM and ACT use /x modifier of Perl RE to extend your pattern's legibility by permitting whitespace and comments. Hope that will serve your purpose.
Instead of

if ($msg =~ /roam act/i)

Use

if ($msg =~ /roam act/ix)

Regards,
Suvajit

K.Moeng wrote:

Hello again,

I have rephrased my question from yesterday,

I want to be able to ignore the white space in between ROAM and ACT
that is return the query as ROAM ACT without falling to the else statement.

$msg = $ARGV[0];

$msg =~ s/\"/' /ig;

$found = 0;

if ($msg =~ /roam act/i)
{
$name = 'ACTivated';
$found = 1;
}

elsif ($msg =~ /roam dact/i)

{
$name = 'DeACTivated';
$found = 1;
}

if ($found == 1)

}

else
{
print "Sorry. Your request has not been sent for Roaming.\n";