Please don't top post, and please send replies to the list.

On 11/1/05, Matthew Sacks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Any ideas about why -wT is producing
> "too late for -T option"
>
> -m
>

> --- Jay Savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On 10/31/05, Matthew Sacks
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Trying to use Mail::Mailer, in the sample code
> > below.
> > >
> > > i) if I put -T on the first line invoking Perl, I
> > get
> > > an error like "too late for -T option"
> > > ?????
[snip]

Well, you haven't told us anything about how the script is being
invoked, so it's a bit difficult to guess about runtime switches. The
obvious issue I see would assume the following:

1) you haven't made the script executable, and
2) you are inviking perl from the command line to excute the script,
something like
    prompt$>perl myscript

If that's the case, Perl will complain bacuse the actual perl
interpreter is the one you call from the command line, not the one in
the "bang path" in your file. Your script is passed to perl as
ARGV[0], which it opens and begins to compile. By the time the perl
you called sees the -T switch, it may have already accepted tainted
input: whatever you passed it on the command line.

Either make the script an executable, or specify the -T switch on the
command line, preferrably as the first switch.

See perlvar and perlsec for the details.

If that's not the problem, you're going to need to tell us a little
bit more about how you're invoknig perl.

HTH,

-- jay
This email and attachment(s): [  ] blogable; [ x ] ask first; [  ]
private and confidential

daggerquill [at] gmail [dot] com
http://www.tuaw.com  http://www.dpguru.com  http://www.engatiki.org

values of β will give rise to dom!