Hi;

I quote from
http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl

"The Windows AS Package provides NO uninstall functionality, and is
recommended only if you are unable to install ActivePerl using the MSI
installer".

So, unless you don't want to use the newer standard installation package
format (MSI), or if it doesn't work for you (I can't see why not), use the
MSI package.

Ken

BTW, please send replies to "beginners@perl.org", not to me only, so that
others can benefit from the discussion.