The problem was actually in our code - SetFlags().
SetFlags(unsigned short flags) which was causing the problem.
I changed that to a long, and it works.
Sorry for the rather un-informative description. I will try to ask better
questions next time.

Thanks,
-radhika

--
It is all a matter of perspective. You choose your view by choosing where
to stand.