Hi

I am having a small program which parses data file.
The data file contains decimal values and I am not
able to validate the decimal number.

For eg. the decimal number will be as follows

Max Size : 99999.99
valid values : 3.00 or 745.15 or 21576.00
invalid values : 3.001 or 745.1555 or 215766.00
also 3..00 should be marked invalid.

I am not good with RE but I tried following code, but
I am not sure if I am in right direction. Can anybody
help or guide me ?

***********************************
my $a = "3.89011";

if ($a=~/^\d{0,5}\.\d{0,2}/)
{
    print "Valid";
}
else
{
    print "Invalid";
}

or is there any perl module available to do validation
of alpha, numeric and alphanumeric (with decimal) data
type ?

Thanks

Regards

Joel