Hi,

 Thanks for the reply. Is there any other perl modules or tools available to
remove the white space in HTML and JavaScript pages?

Thanks,
Durai

Xavier Noria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On Dec 13, 2005, at 5:59, Durai raj
wrote:

>    I tried to remove white space and newlines from HTML pages using
> HTML::Strip::Whitespace module. It removes the white space, but not
> NEW LINES.
>   Here is my script:
>
>   ====================
>      use HTML::Strip::Whitespace qw(html_strip_whitespace);
>       my $html = q {
>

>         Hello there!
>

>       };
>       my $buffer = "";
>       html_strip_whitespace(
>         'source' => \$html,
>         'out' => \$buffer,
>                 'strip_newlines' => 1
>         );
>         print $buffer;
> ================================

I've read the source code and looks like the module does not
implement strip_newlines. That option is certainly understood, but it
is not used AFAICT.

Note that strip_newlines is NOT documented, maybe the author is going
to do something with it in a future and left a partial and private
thing there. Since it is not documented you wouldn't rely on it,
neither expect it to do anything in particular.

In addition, a newline in itself is significant whitespace (it
renders as a space), the module is meant to remove whitespace that is
redundant.

-- fxn