"JupiterHost.Net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Ditlev, Unix Consulting wrote:
>> Hi There,
>
> Hello,
>
>> I have some problems undestanding how to parse a hash to module of my
>> own.
>>
>> I have this hash %person :
>> $person{$Name}{Name} = "xxx";
>> $person{$Name}{Id} = zzzz;
>> @( $person{$Name} {Friends} )
>>
>> But what's the correct method for parsing this hash to my module ???
>>
>> I try something like mymodule::method(%person)
>>
>> or should I parse it as a reference ?
>> mymodule::method(\$person)
>
> I think "parse" is the wrong word :) i think you mean "pass"?

Yes its pass I mean.

> You can do either but a refernce is more efficient:
Maybe I should use a reference as you suggest now Iam using ...

MyModule::function(%person)

and in my function :
my %person = @_;

For now I don't think I have an performance issue, - but ofcourse for now I
have 2 copies. Any drawbacks if I try some kind of asyncrhonous call if
possbile ??.

Thnks for the input.