-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:41 AM
To: beginners@perl.org
Subject: RE: WWW::Mechanize, save images from a page

>>>  Ok perhaps it was towards flippant of me to ask about regard to domain
reputation. I'll own that.  But that's all that I'll own.

Thanks! People may have preconceived notions about messages coming from a
particular domain, but a response like that? I have been a member of this
list for quite a bit, and if you take a look at my earlier messages, all my
messages have been genuine technical questions/answers. I surely didn't ask
"can this be done in Perl?" or "can someone tell me how to do this?". This
time also I had a specific problem, I knew that I have to use Mechanize to
solve it, and had posted what my code was, the exact failure message and so
on. I was sure that there was something very simple that I missed. I was
very much taken aback seeing your mail!

>>>but, alas, a typo (missing line of code) you discover it yourself.
>>>What does all of this tell us?  is there a story in this? I do
>>>those/these same sorts of things too.  but since I know that about
>>>myself, I resist the temptation to post early before I've gone over my
>>>code a zillion times and by then I've usually ruled out oversights/typos
>>>on my part prior to posting.  but, yes I've posted with oversight/typo
>>>before, more than once.

Well, I agree that even after going thr' the code a 100 times, I did miss
this thing, which immediately occurred after reading in your mail about
"totally irrelevant file handle". I'll definitely cross-check any code
before posting :) or should I say, I would resist the temptation of posting
to the list altogether!

>>>good luck.
Thanks! :)