Try printing out the result of the variables you are creating.  Maybe
I'm just not getting what you're trying to do, but I don't think it's
doing what you think it's doing.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 3:48 PM
To: Timothy Johnson
Cc: beginners@perl.org
Subject: RE: running a short perl script in a windows XP arena

ok I will take that out .... I reran it and still get the same error.
This
is not the problem.
Note: this is the correct way to do it within Unix.

Derek B. Smith
OhioHealth IT
UNIX / TSM / EDM Teams

             "Timothy Johnson"

             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             eckpoint.com>
                                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,

             12/28/2005 05:06          <beginners@perl.org>

             PM
cc

Subject
                                       RE: running a short perl script
in
                                       a windows XP arena

For starters, you aren't formatting your PATH variable correctly.  That
should be a semicolon before "C:\\Perl".