On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Dan Huston wrote:

> I noticed on CPAN that there are several Perl ports for Win32.  Of
> course I am aware of ActiveState, but have others had success with any
> of the others? The main issue I keep running into is installing
> modules from CPAN using the CPAN module and so I am looking for a
> better alternative.

How about the one provided with Cygwin?

That seems to be the best way to go if you want a reasonably sane Unix
environment -- including a usable Perl -- running within Windows. I
haven't really used the Cygwin version of Perl for interacting with
Windows itself, but I imagine it should work fine.

--
Chris Devers
DO NOT LEAVE IT IS NOT REAL