Anders Stegmann wrote:
Hi! Why doesn't this work?

Aargh! *Please* see http://perl.plover.com/Questions4.html

You're expecting us to read your mind, so here goes...

use strict; use warnings; my %result_hash = qw(foo bar); dbmopen(%result_hash, >>BB, 0666);

"BB" needs to be quoted, and the >> syntax is not supported here. This
statement clobbers whatever was previously in %result_hash. If you want
to add stuff to the dbm file, open it first, then add the stuff.

Error checking?

dbmclose(%result_hash); dbmopen(%result_hash, BB, 0666);

Need quotes around "BB", and need error checking.

while (my ($key,$val) = each %result_hash) { print $key,\n;

Again, you need quotes here.

} dbmclose(%result_hash);

Note that dbmopen/dbmclose are deprecated in favor of the tie syntax.
see e.g., perldoc DB_File