Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:45:18 -0500
From: Chas Owens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: beginners@perl.org
Subject: Re: Recommend debugger...

On 1/19/06, SG Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear all,

I have started using the perl -d dubugger option to step through my
programs but it seems pretty crude and not too user friendly. Can
anyone reccommend a good freeware graphical debugger? I am writing
fairly simple text manipulation scripts.

Thanks,

Stephen Edwards

That depends on your environment.  I like ddd on machines that run an
X Server.  I don't have much experience debugging on windows, but I
know the Komodo editor from Activestate is pretty good (but
expensive).

I use Open Perl IDE Pretty good ide and debugger
www.sourceforge.net/projects/open-perl-ide