[EMAIL PROTECTED] am Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2006 19.35:
> Here's my problem:
>
> I am writing a program that opens one file  (pricedata.csv)  as input, does
> some processing, and opens a new file  (PriceDataRfrmtd1.txt)  for ouput.
> Subsequently I close both files.  So far so good. Now, within the same
> program, I attempt to re-open the previous  output (i.e.
> PriceDataRfrmtd1.txt) as input and perform some processing and I  begin to
> run into some problems. More specifically, here's a segment of my  code:

This shouldn't be any problem. I guess the problem lies in your code.
Please provide the relevant code; the one below contains no opening/closing of
files, and...

> while(<INPUT>) {
>
>   $TheRec = $_;
> chomp($TheRec);
>
>   @Row =  split(/\s+/, $TheRec);
>
>   print "[EMAIL PROTECTED] = @Row\n";
>
>   $Date = $Row[0];
> $AdjOpen = $Row[2];
> $AdjClose =  $Row[4];
>

> print "\n\$Date = $Date\n";
> print "\n\$AdjOpen =  $AdjOpen\n";
> print "\n\$AdjClose =  $AdjClose\n";
>
> exit;

...exits the program after having read the first line of <INPUT>.

> } # End of while(<INPUT>)

[snipped description of first array element conaining whole line]

hth
joe