John,

  Thanks for the explanation. It's clarified things for me. I'll be searching
CPAN for a solution, as you suggested.

  Thanks, again

  Ron

John Doe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  > On 2/5/06, Ron Smith wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've been looking for this all over, but can't seem to find a link. Is
> > there a Perl or PerlScript equivalent to the JavaScript or vbscript
> > on-focus function? If there is, could someone please, point me in the
> > right direction.
> >

> Omega -1911 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can you tell us what exactly it is that you are trying to do?
>
> Ron Smith am Montag, 6. Februar 2006 01.35:
> Yes, I'm trying to have the "blinking cursor" start in a specific text
> field, on a web page, when the page loads in the browser.

Hi Ron

There is no such thing as a perl equivalent for the javascript onfocus
attribute.

Javascript handlers are interpreted by the javascript engine of a browser,
based on the definition of this attribute and its associated javascript
handler code, both defined in the (x)html code.

Perl on the other side is a script language that can be interpreted by the
server (via cgi, modperl etc.) to produce html page source code - but can not
be given to the browser to be interpreted by it.

What you want probably is something that produces the onfocus attribute on the
server side, along with producing the html code.

There are lots of modules on search.cpan.org that help to produce html source
and even javascript code.

Check out the CGI module,
http://search.cpan.org/~lds/CGI.pm-3.15/CGI.pm,
and search for the word javascript.