On 2/8/06, Rob Benton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What are the limitatins of Math::BigInt?  I ask because I have a c++
> program that outputs an unsigned 64 bit integer that my perl script
> picks up.  Am I safe to use BigInt for this on all platforms?

Have you seen the wording "Arbitrary size integer math package" at the
top of the docs for the module? BigInts can be as big as memory will
allow. Given sufficient memory, you should be able to work with
numbers with hundreds or thousands or even millions of bits using
Math::BigInt. If, after all that, you've still got a few dozen free
bytes, you could include a tiny 64-bit integer too. :-)  Cheers!

--Tom Phoenix
Stonehenge Perl Training