On Feb 9, 2006, at 19:40, Avinash Sridhar wrote:

Hello All,

I just joined this forum today and I dont know whether this particular question has been posted before. If it is please do let me know where i can
get the answer from.

I am using a Windows XP Professional box. Want to learn perl, how do i go about downloading the perl interpreter. I was told to use Active perl. I downloaded it and having a tough time figuring out how I can work with it.

Perl is a programming language. To work with it you need to study the language and have an interpreter. Once you've solved the latter, do you actually know Perl?

-- fxn