On 2/13/06, DEVARAJA AP <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    i wrote a perlscript to generate a verilog code with instantiations .in
> this
>  after instantiation, the ports getting as eg
>                   module_name  name(.a(a),.b(b),.......)
>
>       but for connection sakeif want to connect a to some k and b to some
> p (say).here we wanted to change those names manually. is ther any way
> to do trhis automatically in the instantiation part of the perl script itself.

Almost certainly, what you want is possible. Perl is very versatile.

Unfortunately, I cannot understand what you are asking about. It may
help if you include the Perl code that you're talking about. If
another language is better for you than English, feel free to try that
one.

At a guess, maybe you want something like this code. Or maybe not...

    if ($alternate_site) {
        $port = 'k';
    } else {
        $port = 'a';