On 2/15/06, anand kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   can anyone help me on how to store the data with hash key as the 'Name'
> and the hash strings as the details of 'AGE' and 'Book'

Perl's hashes use a single key to look up a single value. So, to keep
this simple, you can use two hashes, %age and %book, but the same set
of keys (the names) for both. Once you've determined the values that
go with a given name, you can store them into the hashes with code
like this:

    $age{$the_name} = $the_age;
    $book{$the_name} = $the_book;

Are you also working on the problem of how to determine which ages and
books go with which names, when the data is in the form you've given?
Please say so if you are.

Is this enough help that you can write some code? Let us know if you
get stuck again, and please include some source code so we can see how
far you've gotten. Good luck with it!

--Tom Phoenix
Stonehenge Perl Training