henry chen wrote:
I can't seem to figure out how to alternate the bgcolor for each row that i'm printing from arrayref. Is there a 'foreveryother' function that would allow me to put two lines in the loop? Or is there someway I can put two rows of information and loop that? Here's what I have so

Instead of tracking an odd/even row number, you can initialize two colors before the loop:

   my ($ca, $cb) = ('red', 'green');   # Christmas-y!

Then inside the loop, always use $ca for the color, and just swap the colors after you use them:

   while (...blah) {

     print qq[<tr style="background: $ca">];
     ($ca, $cb) = ($cb, $ca);

   }