Hi,

  I have a script which runs a regression and
generates a log of failed tests.

Eg: Test:     dir1/test1.v failed

My manager wants me to create a link to the file, so
that if we click on the link the actual log pops up in
a browser. I know the path to open the test in a
browser, it's like
file:////a/b/c/dir1/test1.v

Till now I have only used Perl for mainly text
processing and I have no idea how to start on this.

It would be great if some one can suggest me where to
start from.

Thanks a lot,
Anu.