On 2/28/06, Gallagher, Tim (NE) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am having troubles getting Perl modules installed on
> my Linux box using Cpan.  So the module that I need is  Net::SSH::Perl,
> so I go "cpan> install  Net::SSH::Perl" and it says that everything
> installed correctly. "Net::SSH::Perl is up to date."

> Can't locate Crypt/DH.pm in @INC

It looks as if you need to install the Crypt::DH module, which is
available on CPAN. But installing Bundle::SSH should give you
everything you need for SSH, including Crypt::DH. Does installing the
bundle fix anything?

> This error looks that there is a dependency problem and I thought cpan
> takes care of dependency problems like Active States PPM.

Well, it tries. But it's not a perfect system, and it will always be
possible to install a module without all of its prerequisites. That's
part of the reason for the bundles, in fact.

Good luck with it!

--Tom Phoenix
Stonehenge Perl Training