Chas Owens wrote:
On 2/28/06, Frank Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Chas Owens wrote:
On 2/27/06, Frank Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When I add "use Bio:Perl" in my script and run it in windows XP, it
complains:

subroutine Cwd::fastcwd redefined" at C:/per/lib/Cwd.pm line 700
subroutine Cwd::getcwd redefined at C:/per/lib/Cwd.pm line 700
subroutine Cwd::abs_path redefined at C:/per/lib/Cwd.pm line 700

The script can still works. Could you tell me how to fix it?

My perl, v5.8.7, windows, xp sp2.  The script works fine under Linux OS.

Thanks a lot.

Best

Frank

Which vendor is it (ActiveState, cygwin, etc.)?

ActiveState.

Line 698 says:

local $^W = 0;  # assignments trigger 'subroutine redefined' warning

It looks like the $^W variable is not doing its job properly on your
machine.  Try this test script and tell me what it prints.

#!/usr/bin/perl

my $a;

$^W = 0;
print "\$a is $a\n";

$^W = 1;
print "\$a is $a\n";

$^W = 0;
print "\$a is $a\n";

Hi, Chas,  it prints like this:

$a is
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at test_.pl line 9.
$a is
$a is