Angus am Freitag, 3. März 2006 17.40:
> Yes, I did have that typo in my script.  I fixed it but I am still never
> seeing anything print out that says "I have a match" as the first if
> control should do.

Have you ensured that the compared data structures meet the conditions for a
match? The comparison may be ok, but the data structures are not as expected.

You could look at that with

use Data::Dumper
Dumper (\%dhcp, \%ipdb);

> It seems the syntax is wrong somehow.

Code with syntax errors can't be compiled and therefore does not run...

Dont forget to put

use strict;
use warnings;

at the top of your code; may give you hints about "semantic" errors.

hth,
Hans

[snipped]