From: Curt Shaffer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:45 AM
To: beginners@perl.org
Subject: suggestion for sftp process

I am writing a process that will need to establish a SFTP connection with a
remote server, pull a file down and copy it to an archive and system folder.
I also have to do the opposite where I will need to get a file from a system
directory and push it via SFTP to a remote server. Now I have the push part
of this working fine. I just look for a matching regex of the filename and
put it where it needs to go. The issue I have is that the file name will
change every time just a little (i.e. has a date stamp and index) so where
regex works locally, I am lost at how to expect the date stamp and index
from the remote file.

Any help will be appreciated.

Curt