David,

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Moreno Garza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mike Blezien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Perl List" <beginners@perl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: Remote backup file

Mike Blezien wrote:
Hello

We do a nightly backup on server 1, and we need to put a copy of it also on
another server as a backup file. The file is normally about 30-35kb's in
size each day.

What would be the best way too do this, send a copy of the file from server
1 too server 2.... would using the LWP module be a good technique to use?

What procedures you used to do to make the backup manually?

Well after experimenting with the Net::FTP module, that worked out prefectly for what we need it to do, so I think we're all set now. :) We can grab the remote file and then store a copy of it on as a local file on a different machine.

thx's
Mickalo