I was looking at some code of mine and it seems that there is a potential for a problem here that I wasn't aware of.

I'm using CGI and DBI together and found that I can do the following under Taint just fine.

my $username = $q->param('username');
and later one...
my $sql = "select .. from .. where username = '$username'";
my $ref = $dbh->selectrow_arrayref($sql)

with out any complaints.

I would have expected this to require me to do something to untaint the value in $username.

Doesn't this lead to SQL injections?

Or is that only on update/insert/delete queries instead of select.