Koms Bomb wrote:
     > If I have a cgi script that send text/plain  what does the client
    see if I send
     > all the text at once but then don't exit for seconds because I'm
    doing some
     > background processing at my end?  do they sit and spin around in
    circles?

Don't hang the request for long time, otherwise, the client maybe time out
and the user sees a failure page.

I shouldn't. I'm just trying to address what amounts to a 1 second delay in backend work. I don't think it's enough time to merit forking but I was curious what the client would see.

I'll have to write some scripts to mimic this.