I'm trying to solve a problem in Intermediate Perl.
Basically, I open a text file and read its
information.  Here is some text from the file:

gilligan.crew.hut lovey.howell.hut 4721
thurston.howell.hut lovey.howell.hut 4046
professor.hut ginger.girl.hut 5768
gilligan.crew.hut laser3.copyroom.hut 9352
gilligan.crew.hut maryann.girl.hut 1180

Basically, the text shows the source of a data
transfer, the destination of that transfer, and the
number of byte's transferred.

Then I modify some code from the book to create a
printout that shows each source machine's total
output.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;

my %total_bytes;
while (<>) {
  unless (/^#/) {
         my ($source, $destination, $bytes) = split;
         $total_bytes{$source}{$destination} +=
$bytes;

my %sum;
for my $source(keys %total_bytes) {
  for my $destination ( keys %{ $total_bytes{$source}
}) {
    my $sum{$source} += my
$total_bytes{$source}{$destination};

I think my logic is solid, but I keep getting error
messages:

syntax error at ./sourceOutput.pl line 15, near
"$sum{"
syntax error at ./sourceOutput.pl line 15, near "+="
syntax error at ./sourceOutput.pl line 16, near "}"
Execution of ./sourceOutput.pl aborted due to
compilation errors.

Am I missing something?