Dear all,

Here is a code which use Getopt::Long to produce a help instruction.
As can be seen below, I also want my code to print out the help message
when no argument is passed.

My question are:

1. How can I make the code below return man page when I simpy do:
   $ perl mycode.pl

   Namely no param is passed here.

2. Verbose 1 status below doesn't return anything when I do:
   $ perl mycode.pl -help.

   What's wrong with it?

=== mycode.pl ======
!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use Data::Dumper;
use Getopt::Long;
use Pod::Usage;

my $some_param = 5; #Default value
my $help;
my $man;

GetOptions(
    "someparam|s=s" => \$some_param,
    "help"          => \$help,
    "man"           => \$man,
  )
  or pod2usage( -verbose => 1 ) && exit;

pod2usage(-verbose => 1) && exit if defined $help;
pod2usage(-verbose => 2) && exit if defined $man;

# Do sth with param
print "PARAM IS: $some_param\n";

__END__
=head1 NAME

MYCODE - do something

=head1 SYNOPSIS

perl mycode.pl [options] [file ...]

   -help            brief help message
   -man             full documentation

=head1 OPTIONS

=over 8

=item B<-help>

Print a brief help message and exits.

=item B<-man>

Prints the manual page and exits.

=back

=head1 DESCRIPTION

B<This program> will read the given input file(s) and do someting
useful with the contents thereof.

=cut
--
Regards,