-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Tom Phoenix
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 6:35 PM
To: Smith, Derek
Cc: Perl Beginners
Subject: Re: using Perl grep to populate a scalar

On 5/9/06, Smith, Derek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  if (/(?)vg00/) {

That doesn't look right. Why is that question mark inside parentheses?
If Perl doesn't complain about that pattern, maybe it should.

Hope this helps!

--Tom Phoenix
Stonehenge Perl Training

********************************

According to programming perl the (?) is a way to cloister my regex
saying do not capture the match.  I meant to type /(?:)pattern/ or to
ignore case /(?i)pattern/

Now that I have explained any ideas?

Thank you
Derek

Cardinal Health -- Working together. For life. (sm)

proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.

Dansk - Deutsch - Espanol - Francais - Italiano - Japanese - Nederlands - Norsk
- Portuguese - Svenska: www.cardinalhealth.com/legal/email