>On 5/15/06, Smith, Derek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tried an push @mir2 => (unless /lv\d+/i, `lvdisplay $lv`); in place
of

> the third push

> But that gave me an error: Uncaught exception from user code:

>        syntax error at HPUX_verify_system.pl line 127, near "(unless"

> Yes; that's a syntax error. Did you mean something like this, perhaps?

>  push @mir2,

>   grep !/\|v\d+/i,     # select lines that don't match pattern

>    `vddisplay $lv`;

****

Thank you Tom... your input is always appreciated!

Tried your solution but I think you mis-typed as I only need the string
as an example "/dev/vg00/lvol#"

But the problem is LV Name /dev/vg00/lvol# is considered one array
element and on one line.

Have been working on this for about an hour tonight and cannot get
it....Ahhhmmmm

my (%hash,@mir,@mir2)    = ();

    my ($key2,$value2)       = 0;

    foreach my $lv (@lvs) {

        push @mir => (grep /mirror/i,  `lvdisplay $lv`);

        #push @mir2 => (grep /lvol\d+/i, `lvdisplay $lv`);

        push @mir2 => (split /lv name/i, grep /lvol\d+/i, `lvdisplay
$lv`); ## and tried w/out 2nd grep just using split.

        #chomp (@mir,@mir2);

    }

    #%hash = (@mir,@mir2);

    #while (($key2,$value2) = each %hash) {

    #   print "$key2\t:$value2";

    #}

print @mir; print "\nsecond array\n";

print @mir2;

__DATA__

I tried to use split but now and getting the output so then I added
another grep but that returned all 1's in the array.

Without the 2nd grep output and it is getting rid of "LV Name"

second array

--- Logical volumes ---

                    /dev/vg00/lvol3

VG Name                     /dev/vg00

LV Permission               read/write

LV Status                   available/syncd

Mirror copies               1

Consistency Recovery        MWC

Schedule                    parallel

LV Size (Mbytes)            512

Current LE                  64

Allocated PE                128

Stripes                     0

Stripe Size (Kbytes)        0

Bad block                   off

Allocation                  strict/contiguous

IO Timeout (Seconds)        default

With the 2nd grep output

second array

11111111

Cardinal Health -- Working together. For life. (sm)

proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.

Dansk - Deutsch - Espanol - Francais - Italiano - Japanese - Nederlands - Norsk
- Portuguese - Svenska: www.cardinalhealth.com/legal/email