hello folks,

  I'm slurping in a large file and seeing a nice speedup versus line by line
processing...but I'm losing it in my (likely poorly constructed!)
reg-expression match

  I do: -
     #
   # look for potentially problematic code of the following form: -
   #  STW b0, *SP--[3]
   # The reg exp tries to match: -
   # - anything up until 'ST' (so that we match STH, STW, STDW etc) followed by
   # - 1+ non-whitespace chars followed by
   # - 0+ whitespace chars followed by
   # - 0+ non-whitespace chars followed by
   # the string 'B15--' followed by
   # anything up until an odd single-digit number followed by
   # the ']' character
   # Matches all occurrences
   #
   my @match_sp = $all_lines =~ /.*ST\S+\s*\S*B15--.*[^02468]]/mg;

  ...and then I foreach on @match_sp to show all occurrences found...

  Any speedup tips most welcome. Would also appreciate a brief explanation of
why this reg ex is slow (so I dont screw it up next time!)

  Many thanks, Alan