As I stated in the comment inside the code.  Echoing witin the system

I assume that means the variables have the proper values in spork.test, correct?

_works_. But running perl script within system _doesn't work_.

In what way, if its executed it worked but your script may not behave how you want...

I was wondering is it because Acme::Spork doesn't allow system call for perl interpreter.

How did you do the echo that did work then?

Or is it the way I construct  the called perl script is wrong.

Probably that, or there is some other problem with it relying on the environment to be a certain way that it isn't.

Time to add debugging code to the scrip you're calling via system :)