-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Pang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:06 PM
To: beginners@perl.org
Subject: Re: Looking for example Perl scripts to be used in Perl
Training.

<snip>

> I think both "Learning Perl" and "Perl Cook Book" are right for your
> purpose.
> I got these two books from internet,they are in ".chm" format.But I
don't
> know whether it'll breach the copyright or not,  if I send them to
you.

<snip>

YES.  IT WILL BREACH THE COPYRIGHT.

It will breach the copyright in every country that recognizes foreign
copyrights (there are a few countries that don't recognize copyrights
from other countries, but that's another issue).

There are many, many resources out there for the Perl beginner, and --
as has been mentioned before -- there are many places on the Internets
and elsewhere that will supply you with the original book for a very low
price.  I learned mostly from online tutorials, and also from the book
"Perl from the Ground Up", which IMO does an excellent job of explaining
the basics (not the greatest reference for some of the more complicated
aspects of Perl, like complex data structures and regular expressions).
You can buy that book right now for $2.80 used from Amazon, or "Learning
Perl" for $9.99, but even if you can't afford that and have Internet
access you can access this list, which can be great glue for the
tutorials and examples you find elsewhere.

Please don't use this list to encourage stealing and distributing of
copyrighted works.  Some of the authors are also frequent and useful
contributors to this list (not me, by the way).